top of page
New Worker Training
This is a MANDATORY training program for all workers in Ontario. Participants will receive an introduction to workplace health and safety that meets the training requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
This training is only offered in a New Worker Essentials package which includes: WHMIS/GHS, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Violence & Harassment in the Workplace, Accessibility Training and New Worker Awareness.
● Written quiz
- ● Wall Certificate
● Record of training
This course includes a classroom component. Participants will receive training and be evaluated on the following topics:
● Duties and rights of workers
● Duties of employers and supervisors
● Roles of health and safety representatives and joint health and safety committees
● Roles of the Ministry and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
● Right to refuse unsafe work
● Common workplace hazards
● Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
● Occupational illnesses
*Travel fees may apply.
This course meets the requirements outlined in the Ministry of Labour Worker Awareness Workbook.
Questions about the course?
bottom of page