Working at Heights Refresher
The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requires that employers provide MANDATORY training for those who are at risk of falling from heights of three meters or more. This training must be refreshed every 3 years.
This is a refresher course. All workers who are required to use fall protection equipment during construction projects must first complete the full-length Working at Heights-Initial PRO#35061 course.
● Written quiz
● Practical evaluation
- ● Workbook
● Laminated wallet card showing course completion
● Record of training
Participants will be required to provide photo identification on the day of training and show proof of successful completion of an approved Working at Heights program (original wallet card).
Participants will apply their knowledge hands-on in a supervised environment. The following topics will be taught and evaluated:
● Hierarchy of controls
● Safe work plans
● Guardrails, bump lines
● Limitations, application, and storage of different fall protection systems
● Calculating fall distances
● How to inspect equipment, don and doff a harness, and maintain 100% tie-off
● Anchors, lifelines, lanyards, harnesses
● Selecting equipment
● Rescue plans
*Travel fees may apply.